For low and moderate income families, securing financing for a home in a rural community may be challenging. One of the missions of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is to provide financial resources and support for rural communities.
The USDA’s Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan program* provides affordable home ownership opportunities in rural areas. Eligible applicants may build, rehabilitate, improve or relocate their primary residence within an eligible rural area.
With assistance from the USDA, you could join the nearly 60 million Americans living in thriving rural communities across the country.
- Meet income eligibility
- Agree to personally occupy the dwelling as their primary residence
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. non-citizen national or Qualified Alien
- Have the legal capacity to incur the loan obligation
- Have not been suspended of debarred from participation in federal programs
- Demonstrate the willingness to meet credit obligations in a timely manner
- Purchase a property that meets all program criteria
What Can I Do with My Loan?
Funds backed by loan guarantees may be used for:
- New or existing residential property to be used for primary residence
- Property site with a new or existing dwelling
- Repairs and rehabilitation associated with the purchase of an existing dwelling
- Refinancing of eligible loans
- Special design features or permanently installed equipment to accommodate a household member with a physical disability
- Reasonable and customary connection fees, assessments or the pro rata installment cost for utilities
- Pro rata share of real estate taxes due and payable on the property at the time of loan closing
- Essential household equipment that is conveyed with the dwelling
- Purchase and installation of measures to promote energy efficiency
- Installation of fixed broadband service as long as equipment is conveyed with the dwelling
- Site preparation costs, including grade, foundation plantings, seeding or sod installation, trees, walks, fences and driveways
Live the country life. Get started today!
Qualified mortgage professionals at Mortgage Solutions, LLC are ready to answer all of your questions and assist you in applying for the USDA loan program or any of the many other mortgage loan options available.
Ready to apply for a mortgage loan? Get started with your application today!
4020 Fee Fee Road
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Please remember that electronic mail isn’t secure. Therefore, confidential or personal information shouldn’t be communicated in this manner.
Mortgage Solutions, LLC (NMLS #277481). Missouri Residential Mortgage Licensee #17-1908; Illinois Residential Mortgage License #MB.6760773; Kansas Licensed Mortgage Company #MC.0025070.
Equal Housing Lender.
* For complete program eligibility and loan usage information, consult Mortgage Solutions. Subject to credit approval.