Vantage Credit Union congratulates this year’s Quest For Education Scholarship recipients. With college tuition costs consistently on the rise, Vantage strives to give back to our younger members for all their hard work and dedication. The 20 recipients of the 2016-2017 Quest For Education Scholarship each received a $1,000 scholarship. We recognize the importance of higher education for a successful future, and over the past 33 years, Vantage has awarded over $652,500 in scholarships to area high school seniors.
“We are extremely proud to recognize these twenty outstanding students who have demonstrated their quest for excellence and left a positive impact on others in their communities,” said Eric Acree, President /CEO of Vantage Credit Union.
The recipients, listed in alphabetical order:
- Alyssa Ashford—McCluer North High School
- Elizabeth Beeler—Eureka High School
- Alexandra Browning—St. Dominic High School
- Trennon Curry—Francis Howell Central High School
- Anna Durnin—Fort Zumwalt North High School
- Alanna Graham—Elizabethtown High School
- Alyssa Henning—Nerinx Hall High School
- Mollie Judge—Holt High School
- Breanne Martin—St. Charles High School
- Christie McDaniel—Fort Zumwalt South High School
- Tonia Meluso—Incarnate Word Academy
- Emily Roloff—Francis Howell North High School
- Charles Seibel—Kirkwood High School
- Madeline Sheridan—Granite City High School
- Nathan Staats—Hazelwood West High School
- Terry Tatum III—Lutheran High School of St. Charles County
- Samuel Thompson—Marquette High School
- Gabrielle Weeden—Hazelwood West High School
- Kalie Yeager-Thompson—Kirkwood High School
- David Zhang—Lafayette High School
Scholarship applicants were judged on their essay response to the question, “If you could have one do-over in your life, what would it be and why?” and a combination of appropriate honors and awards; participation in extracurricular, community and volunteer activities; employment and recommendation letters. Credit union membership is required. Every year, dedicated volunteers (local educators, Vantage Board and Supervisory Committee members, and select employees) serve as QFE Selection Committee judges.
Congratulations to this year’s recipients. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!