Working in education is a tough job even in the most normal of years, but this year educational employees have had to pivot quickly: adapting curricula, pedagogy, and even outreach for their students. At Vantage, educators have always been our heroes, but this year they had to become super-heroes for our children and communities.
Since they stepped up in a special way, we wanted to recognize them for their amazing work. For teacher appreciation week this year, we invited members to nominate educational employees who have had a special impact. Then, on the member’s behalf, we sent them a $10 e-gift card to either Panera, Starbucks, Target, or Amazon. Vantage also passed along the member’s nomination message as a thank you.
What did members say about educators?
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Thank you for everything you did and are doing for my daughter and the rest of your class! My daughter absolutely adores you and misses you terribly!
- You are a phenomenal educator! My son is a very challenging student, but throughout this year you’ve been patient, kind, and pushed him to be the best student possible. Thank you for caring for my son’s emotional wellbeing in addition to his learning—your responsiveness with your notes and encouraging phone calls have meant the world to him.
- You are always thinking of innovative ways for your students to stay active during this time. Thank you for creatively helping my son stay healthy!
- You’re more than a history teacher. Your passion for teaching students about their past and present helps prepare the students for their future. You’ve empowered them and provided them hope. Thank you!
- As our school’s social worker, you’ve been working non-stop since the stay-at-home orders—following up with students, checking on their needs, making daily calls, and even being available to them after hours for support. You are simply amazing!
- Thank you for all you do. You have helped me raise my sons.
- Though you’ve been teaching for over 20 years, there’s definitely a single constant: your students are your heart. You always go ABOVE and BEYOND your role as a teacher, even spending your own money to ensure that your students have food, clothing, and supplies. Thank you.
- You have done an amazing job as my granddaughter’s pre-school teacher, inspiring within her a zest for learning that is endless. Even with the stay-at-home orders, you’ve been in constant contact about her health, personal, and emotional needs. I am extremely impressed with the care and concern you have for your students. Who you are has made a difference in her life!
- THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Even though you are juggling your own children’s education at home, you still manage to keep providing outstanding, quality activities for our kids—while also reassuring us as parents that we are okay with doing as much as we can, even when that isn’t a lot some days.
- Every teacher is a SUPERHERO, thanks for being mine!
We couldn’t agree more with our members’ appreciation and affirmation of these fine individuals. We are constantly inspired by the countless hours, the day-in-and-day-out generosity, and the boundless care that educators give their students. In the most normal of circumstances, they prove themselves to be heroes for our children and our communities. This year especially, they were nothing short of superheroes.
Educators, Thank you for being our super-heroes!