As part of our commitment to helping our members enhance their financial lives whenever possible, Vantage Credit Union is pleased to provide free financial education and counseling services through Accel Financial Counseling. This professional organization, assisting individuals for more than 45 years, has professional, degreed counselors available without an appointment to help you with:
- Immediate counseling—call toll-free for professional, impartial advice (see numbers below)
- Budget counseling sessions—create a workable budget to reach your goals
- Credit report counseling—review your report, correct inaccuracies, and improve your credit score
- Debt management plans—get assistance negotiating concessions and loan payment agreements
- Housing counseling—learn more and get support no matter where you are in the process: pre-purchase, reverse mortgages, or foreclosure prevention
Accel won’t simply give you a few brochures—they’ll work with you confidentially, one-on-one, long-term on the issues you’re most concerned with—for free! They’ve also got a Resource Center full of information, worksheets, videos and exercises you won’t want to miss.
CheckRight self-study program
Learn how to manage a checking account with this web-based self-study program. Whether it’s your first checking account, or you’ve had past difficulties with checking accounts, CheckRight can help you learn to:
- Open an account
- Write checks and make deposits
- Maintain a check register and reconcile your account
- Create a spending plan
You’ll be able to test your knowledge with quizzes and report your results to Vantage via e-mail.
And don’t forget, take advantage of Accel’s BudgetSmart software!
Easy to learn and use, Budget$mart is free software program that can help you gain control of your spending and savings by helping you establish a budget.
For immediate help, or to schedule an appointment, you can also call Accel at 877.33ACCEL (877.332.2235), during the following hours:
- 7:00 am – 9:00 pm CST Monday – Thursday
- 7:00 am – 6:00 pm CST Friday
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm CST Saturday
Prepare for your appointment by completing the Accel Appointment Checklist today.