Q: Do I automatically receive the $1,000 no-cost basic insurance?
A: No. You must enroll online to begin receiving AD&D coverage.
800.522.6009/request to speak to a Credit Union Insurance Agency representative
Please remember that electronic mail isn’t secure. Therefore, confidential or personal information shouldn’t be communicated in this manner.
Q: What does the insurance cover?
A: The basic and additional insurance covers loss of life, limb, eyesight, thumb and index finger of the same hand, speech, or hearing; as the result of a covered accident.
Q: Do I have to buy additional coverage to get the $1,000 basic benefit?
A: No. The $1,000 AD&D insurance coverage is provided as our gift to you, at no cost, as long as you maintain your account with us.
Q: Am I covered while I am on the job?
A: Yes. The coverage is in force 24-hours a day, worldwide. (Subject to certain exclusions explained in the Certificate of Insurance you receive once enrolled.)
Q: Who’s eligible for basic coverage?
A: All primary account holders age 18 and over. The primary account holder is defined as the first name listed on the account.
Q: Could I have more than one basic coverage if I have more than one account?
A: No. Each member can have only one basic coverage.
Q: Is there an upper-age cut-off?
A: No. However, all benefits are reduced 50% when the insured reaches age 70.
Q: What family members are eligible for this insurance?
A: Spouses and unmarried dependent children under age 21 (under age 25 if full-time students) may be insured if you select an additional amount of protection and also select the “Family Plan.” Family members don’t have to enroll; coverage is automatic. AD&D insurance has five coverage levels to fit your budget, from $10,000 to $300,000.
Q: Home much coverage will my family have?
A: That depends on how much additional protection you select. Your spouse will be insured for 50% of that amount and each child will be insured for 20%. If you have no children, your spouse’s coverage will be 60%, and if you have no spouse, each child’s coverage will be 25%.
Q: How much additional coverage may I have?
A: You may select any amount up to the maximum offered without restriction.
Q: Do I have to take a medical exam or answer a lot of health questions?
A: No. There are no medical questions or physical exams required to qualify!
Q: I bought additional coverage and received something called “Added Benefits.” What does this mean?
A: You automatically receive six added benefits that are included with your insurance. Your Certificate of Insurance will explain all of the specifics of these added benefits (including exclusions, limitations and terms of coverage):
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: Pays twice the value of your additional coverage while you are a passenger on a common carrier. This includes commercial aircraft, trains, buses, rental cars, even taxicabs and ferries licensed to transport fare-paying passengers.
- Education Assistance: Pays a benefit to each dependent child enrolled as a full-time student in an institution of higher learning if you lose your life in an accident. These benefits are 2% of your principal sum paid every year for up to four years to each child that qualifies. All a child must do to qualify is to be under 23 years of age and be enrolled as a full-time student in an institution of higher education. Benefits will also be paid for dependent children who are in the 12th grade on the date of the accident, and who subsequently enroll in an institution of higher education within one year.
- Anti-Inflation: After two years of continuous coverage, benefit increases a specific percentage until it reaches 125% of the original amount. There is no additional premium for these increases. (Applies also to the basic coverage.)
- Hospital Income Benefit: Pays 1% of the Voluntary Insurance benefit up to $2,500 a month for a hospital stay of more than 7 days (starting within 30 days of accident as a result of a covered injury).
- Day Care Benefit: Pays 2% of the Voluntary Insurance benefit or $2,000 (whichever is less) each year for two years, for each Eligible Dependent (under age 14 at the time of your death) who is enrolled in a Day Care Program.
- Adaptive Home and Vehicle: Pays a benefit if a covered insured requires their home and/or car to be adapted due to a covered loss up to $2,500.
Q: I’m a private pilot. Am I covered while I am flying?
A: Coverage is not available while acting as a pilot (or crew member) of an aircraft. If you’re a passenger, the coverage would be valid.
Q: May I keep my coverage after I close my account?
A: No. The Basic Benefit and the special group rates for additional coverage are provided only to eligible members.
Q: When will my coverage be effective?
A: There are four effective dates each year, one per quarter. Please refer to your Certificate of Insurance for your quarterly effective date.
Q: How long does it take before I receive my Certificate of Insurance?
A: It takes about 30 days from the time the enrollment form is received to process and issue the certificate.
Q: What if I decide to cancel?
A: Your coverage features a no-risk 30-day guarantee. If you choose not to keep your insurance, simply call 866.957.4064, and your insurance will be cancelled immediately.
Q: How will I be billed?
A: Your premiums will be automatically debited from checking if you have a Vantage Credit Union checking account, or from your Vantage Regular Savings account. Transactions will be reflected on your statement.
Q: How do I file a claim?
A: Call 866.957.4064 weekdays, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., CST.
Q: How long will it take to process my claim?
A: Claims are processed within five days of the Plan Administrator receiving the appropriate information and documentation in their offices in Nashville, TN. Once processed, the claim is then forwarded to the underwriter for determination of benefits.
Q: Who’s the plan administrator?
A: The plan administrator is Affinion Benefits Group, a division of Affinion Group, the nation’s largest provider of direct response insurance programs.