Vantage Credit Union “Impact Education” Contest Rules
- The Contest Sponsor is Vantage Credit Union.
- The entry period runs September 15-October 15, 2019. Entries must be received by the Contest Sponsor within the Contest Period to be eligible to win. All application forms, video submissions, and other documentation will be evaluated by the Contest Sponsor for eligibility and become property of the Contest Sponsor.
How to Enter
- Entrants may submit only one (1) completed application with a brief video (60 seconds or less) explaining their need for funds to impact education for their students, school, or professional development and why they should be selected to win. Limited time offer. Must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry to enter and win. Void where prohibited.
- Entrants who meet the conditions as outlined in the following Eligibility sections can enter the Contest by visiting www.vcu.com/impact-education to complete the online entry form, which includes their contact information, school information, level of funds needed, description of their entry, a url link to their video and confirmation that they’ve read and understood the Contest Rules.
- Entrants are solely responsible for ensuring that all entry information submitted is up-to-date and accurate.
- Entries will not be returned to participants and become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
- The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the Greater St. Louis area (including Madison and St. Clair counties in Illinois) who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years of age, eligible for membership with Vantage Credit Union, employed by an educational institution and who have submitted an entry online and fully followed all instructions at www.vcu.com/impact-education.
- Contest Sponsor staff, Board and Supervisory Committee members, and their immediate families are not eligible to win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current marriage, adoption, or co-habitation, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Contest Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The Contest Sponsor may at any time at their sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet the Contest eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the Contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt the Contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
An entrant’s submission must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the Contest:
- Create a short video (60 seconds or less) explaining their need for funds to impact education for their students, school, or professional development and why they should be selected to win. The video can be filmed using a smart phone or video camera.
- Be original work and not contain any copyrighted works unless entrant is the owner of such rights or has permission from the rightful owner to submit the material in accordance with these rules.
- Be intended for a family audience, meaning, should not contain, showcase, depict or refer to any crude, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, offensive, illegal or otherwise unsuitable language, activity, costumes or other content (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor at their sole discretion).
- Not contain, depict or refer to any content that disparages or refers negatively to the Contest Sponsor, the Contest, or any other person or entity such as businesses, companies, schools, churches or organizations (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor at their sole discretion).
- The video must meet the technical specifications required for it to be uploaded to, and received by, the Contest Sponsor’s website at www.vcu.com/impact-education.
- By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that you:
- Are the original creator of the video content.
- Agree that the Contest Sponsor will not infringe or violate any third party’s intellectual property, privacy, personality or other rights when the Contest Sponsor copy, display, edit, modify, transmit or otherwise use that content in connection with the Contest or any advertising. Therefore, you agree that the Contest Sponsor can edit the content in the production process.
- Agree that the content meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
- Agree that the content, all images, and ideas submitted with the application are being submitted on a non-confidential basis, shall become the property of the Contest Sponsor upon submission, and can be used, edited, reproduced and posted to a website thereafter by the Contest Sponsor without compensation.
- Understand that submission of the content and any images may impact the entrant’s legal rights to protect them.
- Confirm that all trademarks and copyrighted material have been properly acknowledged in the application.
- By submitting an entry, participants agree to give all rights and exclusive, royalty-free license of the content to the Contest Sponsor. Once a video is submitted, neither it nor anything similar to it may be used by the entrant for any other purpose or in any other medium.
Subject and Participant Releases
- If a video shows any individual in such a way that the individual can be recognized, the entrant must obtain written consent from that individual to permit the Contest Sponsor to copy, display, transmit and otherwise use the design, and you must provide the Contest Sponsor the original copy of that consent immediately upon their request.
- Entries that are submitted with inadequate documentation, as determined solely by the Contest Sponsor, will not be eligible for participation in the Contest.
- All eligible entries will be showcased on the Vantage Credit Union Impact Education Contest Page at www.vcu.com/impact-education.
- Starting at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on Tuesday, October 16, 2019, until 11:59 p.m. CT on Tuesday, October 23, 2019, visitors to the site will be able to vote for their favorite entry. Voters can vote once per legitimate email address/social network login. Winners will be determined based on the number of votes for their entries and the level of funds requested in their application.
- All winners will be announced on or about Tuesday, October 30, 2019. Vantage Credit Union will contact the winners by telephone or email. Potential winners who cannot be reached between October 24 and October 30, 2019, despite customary diligent efforts, will be disqualified and the entrant with the next highest vote total in their category will be contacted. At that point, the initial selected potential winner will be disqualified and will have no recourse toward the Contest Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot accept the prize as awarded for any reason, his or her entry will be forfeited, and another eligible entrant may be selected.
- There will be five (5) prizes awarded in all: one (1) $2,000 cash prize, (2) $1,000 cash prizes, and two (2) $500 cash prizes.
- Any costs associated with accepting the Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Any applicable federal and/or state taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal or greater value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Under no circumstances will the Contest Sponsor be required to award more prizes than what is indicated in these Contest Rules & Regulations, or award prizes other than in accordance with these Contest Rules & Regulations.
- The odds of being a winner is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received and the total number of votes received per entry.
In order to be eligible to claim his/her prize, each prize winner must:
- Click to confirm that he/she has read and understood the terms and conditions specified in the Impact Education contest rules during the online application process, assigning all rights to their submission to the Contest Sponsor, including all copyrights and moral rights and releasing the Contest Sponsor from any liability in connection with the Contest or the prizes awarded.
- Produce valid photo identification.
- Submit an Affidavit of Eligibility.
If the above requirements are not met, the winner will be disqualified, and another winner will be selected in his/her place.
Disclaimers, Liability, and Indemnification
By participating in the Contest, you release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and their employees, directors, officers, and affiliates from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind (including actual legal fees and expenses) resulting from:
- Your participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, or
- Arising from or related to: (a) your failure to comply with any of these Rules & Regulations; or (b) any misrepresentation you make under these Rules & Regulations or otherwise to the Contest Sponsor.
Privacy/Use of Personal Information
By participating in the Contest, entrants (a) grant to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the recipients; (b) grant to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information and/or likeness for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and © acknowledge that the Contest Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (a) and (b) above. The Contest Sponsor will use the entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Contest Sponsor’s Privacy & Security Statement as outlined at www.vcu.com/security-privacy-fees.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations, are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
If for any reason the Contest Sponsor cannot run the Contest as planned, (including as a result of bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, infection by computer virus or any other cause that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest), the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Contest. In that event, the Contest Sponsor may determine the winner from votes had among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, or cancel the Contest.
The Contest Sponsor may also disqualify any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry or voting process, or who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices, or by attempting to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or representatives of the Contest Sponsor.
- The Contest Sponsor will not enter into correspondence with any entrant except to notify selected winners and/or at the Contest Sponsor’s own discretion.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsor in relation to Contest eligibility and vote tabulation will be final and binding on all entrants.
- The Contest Sponsor will be the sole and final reference source in validating a prize claim.
- Any inquiries or concerns relating to The Contest should be made in writing and addressed to:
Impact Education Contest
Vantage Credit Union
P.O. Box 4433
Bridgeton, Missouri 63044